Monday 19 January 2015

Let's Get Travelling

My Name is Suze and I am a 24 year old girl who, if I'm perfectly honest, hasn't found her way in the world just yet.

I have had numerous jobs from rocking the headset in a call centre, being a wedding expert for a make up brand, to being a recruiter in a well known TV station, but nothing has ever felt right.

Early last year whilst heading back to the shire from London to see some friends something very unexpected happened.

Let me tell you the story.

One of my very good friends who I have known since little school said to me, 'Suze, I want to set you up with someone.' Now alarm bells were ringing when the list of 'issues' got longer and longer, examples such as:
'Right he's blonde' (nope)
'He's cocky' (nope nope)
'He most likely will call you a C**T at some point' (OH HELL NO)
'But that's just his way'. 😳
Reluctantly I said fair enough let's see what happens and we headed out.
When we arrived at the, what I would call, interesting local in town, you know the sort, corner with the drunks, corner with the youngsters trying to look thirty, skirts half way up their bums and serious foundation/bronzer combo and the 'jack the lads' wolf whistling at any female with a pulse, that sort. We clocked the others and I waited, telling my other friend how horrible I thought this was going to go.
Next thing I know, shots are on the table and the blondie has arrived, and what do I see standing behind him? A tall, dark, stubbly, shy buddy of his. I leant over to my friend and said, 'shit! I like his mate!'.
And let's just say after a few drinks, some laughs and some outrageous flirting on my part we hit it off.

Ever since then me and Beardy (Matt) have been inseparable.
It's happened very quickly. I moved back from London to help my parents out with their house as they now live in Dubai. I asked Beardy to move in and we couldn't be happier.
*Warning Cheese Alert*
That odd random night out brought me the most genuine, down to earth, hilarious best friend and boyfriend I could ever have asked for.

Since living together, pretty much from the start, we have both spoken about how we have always wanted to go travelling, but it's never quite happened, from lack of funds, not having the right plan and to being let down by others. So we have just said sod it, let's take the plunge and go!

So that is what we are going to do.

Like me, Matt has never been fully able to settle here in the UK and as much as I loved living in London, we both feel there has to be more to life than working, sleeping and repeating.

So we are heading from the cold, wet UK to the heat and sands of Dubai, to the temples of Thailand, and wherever the wind takes us.

So we thought we would vlog/blog our journey.
The planning, the saving and the taking off. All the essentials.

So get ready and come with us on the most exciting time of our lives 🌎✈️

First stop: Prep

X


SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Recognised a lot (travel/moving, searching, boyfriend), funny:) Enjoy the adventure, sounds great! x

    ReplyDelete

© Suze and the Beard . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig