Wednesday 3 February 2016

My Realistic Morning Routine

Let’s be real guys, I love seeing bloggers 'Morning Routines' and wish mine were a smidgen as lush as theirs...but unfortunately mine is nowhere near. 

So here is a run-down of my very realistic morning routine. 

With the classic 80’s song Africa by Toto gently jingling away on my phone at 6:00am, to then be slammed down upon by my hand for at least another 2 snoozes is pretty much how I start most mornings during the week. That might explain why my phone is so broken. 

     

At 6:30, scruffy haired, tired eyed and several 'Suze come on's by Beardy, I eventually drag myself away from my comfy den of a bed to get blinded by the hallway light.

     

With a quick wash using Lush bubble bar and a panic look in the mirror with the thought of ‘Oh Jesus how am I going to sort this mess out’ I get dressed (popping the bear hoodie back on obviously as it's chilly this time of year) and head upstairs to the much needed coffee machine. 

     

The relief when looking in the fridge to see that I remembered to make my lunch the night before brings a slight smile to my face. The thought of making a healthy and nutrious lunch when I wake up is not the first thing that comes to mind....coffee yes, lettuce....most definatly not! 

Hmm…Decisions, Decisions, Decisions. 

     

My eyes start to look slightly less mole like when I take my first sip of piping hot coffee and take my first mouthful of Pesto Scrambled Eggs....mmm tasty!

     

Around 7:03 I slump back downstairs and assess the damage of getting dressed in the dark and deciding on whether to apply the war paint or not. 

9 times out of 10 the base gets done and I leave the rest until I arrive at work...classy right? Better that than accidentally poking myself in the eye with a mascara wand. We've all done it! 

     

At 7:15 we both wrap up warm. We are talking scarfs, parckers, gloves, hats, the lot as HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL it's chilly outside. Oh and did I mention still dark? Oh English winter what a joy you are.

     

As Beardy and I work in a similar area we say goodbye to a very grumpy old boy (who in this time has been fussed, fed and watered), hit the road and head to work together. 

      

And that's it...every morning...5 days a week...Glamorous or What??

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Easily the most honest morning routine! I did chuckle while reading this but have to say mine is pretty similar! Em xx

    http://edoublemamurray.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

© Suze and the Beard . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig