Wednesday 10 February 2016

Valentine's Day...Cute or Fad?

Oh Valentine's Day...what are your thoughts? 
I guess I'm a bit of a love grinch when it comes to Febuary the 14th. 

        

Now this is not because I don't believe in love, or I'm not in love myself. That couldn't be further from the truth. I guess my issue is simply this; why make a huge deal out of one day, when you should celebrate your love all year round...see I can be soppy too. 

One of the earliest, and most popular symbols of the Valentine's day is Cupid, the Roman God of Love. Since when have we needed a flying, naked, mythical munchkin helping us tell our loved ones how much they mean to us? 

        
                                                                                  (Elegance at its finest) 

Why do we feel the need to spend so much money on material bits and bobs when the day is meant to be about a wonderful feeling?

I get it, we all love to feel loved, but why not show it everyday in small simple ways?

When I feel poorly and Beardy brings me a cup of tea...that to me is love. 
When we can't stop laughing at the most random, stupid things ...that to me is love. 
Knowing that if ever I needed him, he would be there for me...that to me is love. 
When you are both struck down with food poisoning in the middle of a foreign country and you just lay in your pants on a bed holding hands...that to me is love (too much information? But you get the idea). 

Some times it's the little things that mean a great deal more. 

        

If you want to make the big gestures on the 14th February, the proposals, the cards and the cuddly toys, then go right ahead you loved up lovelies. 
Just promise me one thing...that you make sure you continue the love for the rest of the year. 

Deal? 
Awesome! 

Anyway on a plus side for all of us 'Non Valentines Lovers', on the 15th we can snap up all those half price flowers, chocolates and ice cream! Love is truly in the air! 

        

Cynic or not we wish you a very Happy Valentines day!! 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I am 100% with you - people need to spend their lives appreciate who we are with!

    ReplyDelete

© Suze and the Beard . All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig